Every sport needs the right gear. It has a direct bearing on the player’s performance. In squash, the racket is very important. If you are an intermediate squash player looking to up your game, choosing the right racket can give you a good head start. So, let’s check some of the top squash rackets for intermediate players that give you every opportunity to improve your game.
Best Squash Rackets for Intermediate Players
For Intermediate Players, all these are top notch squash rackets with immense power & control.
|Best Intermediate Squash Rackets||Highlights||Price|
|#1. Technifibre CarboFlex 125 Squash Racket||Good for Volleying, Deceptive Shots||Check Price|
|#2. Head Nano Ti 110 Squash Racket||Powerful, Durable & Excellent Control||Check Price|
|#3. Prince TT Sovereign Pre-strung Racket||Optimized Control & Extra Hitting Power||Check Price|
|#4. Prince Airstick 130 Squash Racket||Easy & Fast Maneuvers, Comfortable||Check Price|
|#5. Head Metallix 130 Squash Racket||Flexible, Lightweight & Super Strong||Check Price|
Do Checkout:- Best Squash Racquets
A few things need to be considered while selecting a good squash racket. The weight of the racket, its size, grip type, stringing and stiffness are all factors that influence performance. Also, different playing styles call for different racket types. For instance, a conventional open throat racket will have a denser and smaller string bed. Therefore, it’ll have a smaller sweet spot and greater control. On the other hand, a close-throated teardrop shaped racket will have a larger sweet spot and be more powerful and consistent.
A hybrid racket will offer a little bit of both power and control. In other words, heavier rackets offer more power and durability and lighter ones provide more control and maneuverability. Apart from these, find out more about the grip, stringing and stiffness of a racket. They are equally crucial factors that influence performance.
Top 5 Best Squash Rackets for Intermediates 2019
It is pertinent that you choose your racket wisely. What suits one player may not suit another. Below, we have made a list of the top 5 squash rackets for intermediate players. Let’s have a look.
The Technifibre CarboFlex 125 is one of the best rackets for intermediate players. It was first launched in the year 2013. It is famous for being the racket of choice of squash champion and top seed, Mohamed El Shorbagy. The Technifibre CarboFlex 125 is a powerful lightweight racket that is best suited for fast players who like to aggressively volley the ball forward. Its teardrop shape, large head, and long main strings help pump in tremendous power into each shot. It is comfortably lightweight to allow the player to hammer away at the ball in longer rallies. It has a great feel and offers a lot of control with negligible vibrations.
The head is slightly heavier than the rest of the body. It is equipped with Isomorph Shaft which adds 25% more power to the racket as compared to regular monoshaft. It also has Basaltex Multiaxial which is instrumental in enhancing resistance and control. At 125 grams and with a balance score of 350mm, the Technifibre CarboFlex 125 provides a unique combination of control, maneuverability, and power. It is light and quick, allowing the player to play an agile game.
It supports both aggressive and deceptive play. The Technifibre CarboFlex 125 comes in two shades: a smart matt black and a glossy yellow. The grip of the Technifibre Carboflex 125 is not so great. Also, the sweet spot is not very forgiving. When you make contact with the ball, you can immediately feel the power, but if you miss a shot, you cannot precisely delivery the shot and ball placement goes for a toss.
The Technifibre 305+ 1.20mm strings are stiffer than the conventional green 305. All in all, the Technifibre CarboFlex 125 is a good racket if you are looking for control, power, and maneuverability. It is ideal for intermediate players who want to play a more advanced game. It is great for a basic length game with lots of volleying, drops and deceptive shots. Plus, it is durable and long-lasting, making it one of the best squash racquets currently in the market.
- Weight: 125 grams
- Balance point: 350mm
- Head size: 500 sq. cm.
- String style: Technifibre 305+ 1.20mm premium string.
- Power: 9.85.
- Control: 8.65.
- Racket measurements: 28 inches x 10 inches x 2.2 inches.
- String pattern: 14 main x 18 crosses.
- Colors: Matt black and glossy yellow.
- The large head size and 14 x 18 string pattern offers excellent power.
- Lightweight and quick, makes for great maneuverability.
- Good for volleying, deceptive shots and drops.
- Large sweet spot, good amount of power.
- High-quality string.
- The grip needs improvement.
- The sweet spot is not very forgiving if you miss a shot.
- Slightly expensive.
The Head Nano Ti 110 natural size is an ideal racket for intermediate players. It is made of 100% pure nano titanium/carbon that is lightweight (110 grams) and strong. It allows the player to play with different swing techniques with enhanced hitting control. It ensures the precision of ball placement with powerful shots. The racket is equipped with state-of-the-art Power Frame and Head Intellifibers Intelligence technology which convert mechanical energy to electrical response to dampen vibrations and cut down on ball impact, making every shot more powerful. The racket has a powerful string pattern which is built for power and agility. Sweet spot is wide and shots are power-packed thanks to enlarged grommets at 3 and 9 o’clock.
The Head Nano Ti 110 is a head-heavy racket with a balance point of 360mm. The overall shape, weight, and balance of the racket are well-suited for intermediate players as well as beginners who want to advance in the sport and play more professionally.
The racket is also amazingly durable. It has a decent breathable grip that supports the wrist and is comfortable to hold. The grip is anti-slip and is better than most rackets and is designed for improved performance. Because of its lightweight character, it is great with control and allows the player to play faster shots with easy maneuverability. It is a balanced racket that does not tire the player out easily. It is specially designed for longer energetic play. It has a wire body frame for greater power. The Head Nano Ti 110 includes a full-length head cover with strap. It comes with a warranty of 6 months.
- Weight: 110 grams
- Balance point: 360mm
- Head size: 76.72 sq. inch (500 sq. cm.)
- String style: Head Synthetic Gut.
- Height: 26.96 inches.
- Beam width: 19.5mm.
- String pattern: 14 main x 18 crosses.
- Colors: Natural.
- Grip: Comfort Tac grip.
- Construction: Nano Titanium.
- Lightweight, ideal for beginners and intermediate players who need more control.
- Enlarged grommets and open throat design provides a larger sweet spot.
- Powerful and durable.
- Excellent control.
- Heavy head and unique string pattern add more power to each shot.
- Frame head construction needs improvement.
- Beam width is too thick for advanced professional athletes.
- Some users have reported that the racket is heavier than 110 grams.
Prince is a leading sports gear manufacturer. It specializes in both tennis and squash gear. The Prince Triple Threat Sovereign is one of the most popular rackets from the house of Prince. It has been a best-seller among players of all levels from beginners to advanced professionals. However, experts feel it is best suited for intermediate players.
The Prince TT Sovereign is pre-strung and is designed for superior control and power. It is built with Prince’s Triple Threat Tungsten frame which puts in titanium, copper, and carbon in three critical racket positions: 10 o’clock, 2 o’clock and at the base of the handle for reducing arm shock. The result is an impressively stable and balanced racket that promises to enhance your performance and help you take your game to the next level.
The Prince TT Sovereign has a concave Power Scoop shaft that makes for full-frame stiffness which absorbs most of the impact generated from floor and wall contact. This increases the ball striking power of the racket and makes it more durable and comfortable to play with. The racket also features GraphitExtreme for extremely lightweight playing style with added maneuverability and power. The racket has a new-age Power Ring design with an inverted ring in the throat of the racket frame that facilitates more uniform and longer main string lengths.
It also produces a more consistent and powerful response at every point across the entire string bed. The Prince TT Sovereign comes with a high-performance Wall Glider bumper that has a low-friction polymer for extra frame protection. The racket has a soft cushion grip for greater fit. It is light and comfortable to hold and packs a punch into every shot. Overall, the Prince TT Sovereign has great string density for optimum control. The head-heavy balance is 7mm towards the head. This product does not include a racket cover and players have to purchase it separately.
- Balance: 34.9cm
- Head size: 74.5 sq inches (480 sq cm)
- Length: 27 inches (68.5 cm)
- Beam width: 20-18 mm duraframe
- Weight: 135 grams
- String pattern: 16 mains x 17 crosses
- Grip: Cushion Grip
- String type: Sweet Perfection 17.
- String density for control: 0.567 strings2/cm2
- String density for power: 0.567 strings2/cm2
- The Prince TT Sovereign has excellent string density for optimized control.
- Built with Triple Threat Tungsten frame which a combination of titanium, copper, and carbon for absorbing arm shock and reducing wall and floor impact.
- Extra lightweight performance thanks to GraphitExtreme.
- Concave Power Scoop shaft increases stiffness across the entire string bed for an extra ball hitting power.
- Equipped with Wallglider Bumper for enhanced frame protection.
- Advanced Power Ring design allows for more uniform and longer main string lengths.
- The frame may not be very durable. Some customers have reported breakage of the frame.
- Stings might also have durability issues. Some customers have reported string breakage within 2 months of purchase.
The Prince Air Stick 130 is built for lightweight performance. It weighs 130 grams and has a light feel. It is ideal for intermediate squash players who want to advance their game to the next level. The Air Stick 130 was launched in 2013. It has a lot of stability and power with impressive maneuverability. It is equipped with Prince’s signature Triple Threat Tungsten which incorporates a woven combination of titanium, carbon, and copper that deliver greater power, control and stability over shots. It makes for a larger sweet spot for greater precision of ball placement and stronger shots.
Plus, tungsten is a super dense and tough material that distributes the weight of the racket evenly. The Air Stick 130 comes with a hollow Air Handle which comprises of 4 independently moving air-filled chambers or quadrants. What this hollow handle does is it increases grip ventilation for a more comfortable playing experience. It also absorbs shock for better control and stability of performance. The racket is crafted with the uber-light GraphitExtreme for easy and fast maneuvers on the court.
In addition, it has Power Scoop technology that makes the racket stiffer and more durable. It absorbs impact produced by wall and floorball contact. The Air Stick 130 also has an inverted Power Ring in the throat of the racket frame. This feature allows for longer uniform-length main strings that provide extra power no matter where on the string bed the ball makes contact. It makes shots more powerful throughout the length and breadth of the string bed. Because the throat has no grommet, the racket has more stiffness and durability.
The racket also has Wallglider Bumper for extra frame protection. Wallglider Bumper is a bumper made of low-friction polymer for quick gliding and returns. The Air Stick 130 is a good racket for volleying. It supports an attacking and aggressive style of play. It has a fan-out string pattern with the sweet spot located a little above the center. It is a little head heavy with a balance point of 36cm.
- Weight: 130 grams
- Head size: 480 sq. cm/74.5 sq. inches
- Balance: 36 cm
- Handle type: Air Handle
- Composition: Triple Threat Tungsten with titanium, copper, and carbon.
- String pattern: 16 mains x 17 crosses
- Power: 9.15
- Control: 8.75
- Product dimensions: 27 inches x 10 inches x 1 inch
- The Air Stick 130 has a hollow Air Handle that increases grip ventilation for more comfortable play.
- It has GraphitExtreme for easy and fast maneuvers.
- Triple Threat Tungsten construction includes titanium, carbon, and copper for more power, control and stability.
- Power Ring feature allows for longer uniform-length main strings for extra power throughout the string bed.
- Power Scoop makes the racket more durable, absorbs wall and floor impact.
- Wallglider Bumper provides additional frame protection.
- Not suitable for defensive playing style.
- The frame may be a little brittle. Some customers have reportage breakage and chipping of the frame.
- String quality can also use some improvement. Some customers have reported string breakage.
- There may be some distracting vibrations in the handle while hitting shots.
The Head Metallix 130 is a pre-strung racket with a head size of 500 sq. cm and weighing 130 grams. It is a good racket for intermediate players. It is slightly head heavy with a balance point of 370mm. The Head Metallix 130 has everything: power, control, stability, and maneuverability. It is built with Metallix technology and Flexpoint construction that enhances performance. The racket is made with Head Metallix which is a sophisticated matrix of carbon fibers and a new crystalline metal alloy. It is one of the toughest and lightest materials used in making rackets.
The size of a grain of this alloy is a thousand times smaller than other typical alloys. As per the Hall-Petch Effect, the smaller the grain size, the stronger the material and better the performance of a racket. The small size of the ally grain makes the racket stronger, more lightweight and powerful. Under Flexpoint technology, two holes are made on the frame head at 3 o’clock and 9 o’clock to increase control over the ball.
The placement and design precision of the dimple is such that beam height is lowered by 25% max which provides greater flexibility. The hole also augments sectional flexibility by 50%. The Metallix 130 has a cupping effect. It forms a kind of cup around the ball, surrounding it from all sides. This maximizes dwell time and control with negligible loss of power. All in all, the USP of this racket is its unmatched control. The product comes in two smart colors: red and white. It does not include a covering case.
- Weight: 130 grams
- Head size: 500 sq. cm
- Balance: 370mm
- Beam: 20mm
- Length: 685mm
- Colors: Red and white.
- Construction: Flexpoint and Metallix technology
- String name: Perfect Power
- String pattern: 12 mains x 17 crosses
- Grip name: UltraTac
- Built with Metallix technology. Racket is super light and super strong. Small size of alloy grains boosts control.
- Flexpoint technology offers greater flexibility.
- Cupping effect increases dwell time and prevent loss of power.
- Lightweight frame offers more control and swift maneuverability.
- The frame may lack durability. Some customers have reported breakage and cracks in the frame.
- Stings might also have durability issues. Some customers have reported string breakage.