Finding the right ping pong paddle is very important. It can enhance your performance and make every game memorable. Our team did an in-depth study of ping pong paddles currently available in the market. They reviewed and ranked them according to quality, performance and price. Here’s the full list of the top 10 best ping pong paddles under $100:
Best Ping Pong Paddles Under $100
|Ping Pong Paddles Under $100||Review||Price|
|#1 Killerspin JET800 Speed N1||Read Review||Check Price|
|#2 STIGA Evolution||Read Review||Check Price|
|#3 Eastfield Allround||Read Review||Check Price|
|#4 Butterfly 603 Shakehand||Read Review||Check Price|
|#5 Stiga Pro Carbon||Read Review||Check Price|
|#6 STIGA Supreme||Read Review||Check Price|
|#7 Palio Legend 2||Read Review||Check Price|
|#8 Killerspin JET200||Read Review||Check Price|
|#9 STIGA Titan||Read Review||Check Price|
|#10 Double Fish 8 Star||Read Review||Check Price|
Also Read:- Top 10 Best Ping Pong Paddles Under $50
Top 10 Best Ping Pong Paddles Under $100 (Reviews)
- The Killerspin JET800 Speed N1 has a 7-ply wooden blade with dual carbon layers. This combination generates extra pop when you play aggressively while giving you great control over your shots. The paddle is made with 2.0mm Nitrx-4Z rubber which is IITF approved. This means you are legally allowed to participate in competitive professional leagues and tournaments using this paddle. Also, it offers stronger slip-free grip and enables you to brilliantly counter heavy spin shots and make your own superior spin on trick serves.
- The paddle has a wooden side tape. This affords greater protection for your paddle against breakage/chipping. It also conserves your energy so you can deliver more power-packed shots.
- The paddle has an ergonomically designed wooden handle with a beautiful burnt finish.
- The Killerspin JET800 Speed N1 includes a Memory Book and a small marker pen for you to record your past performances, keep score and collect signatures.
- 7-layer wood plus 2-layer carbon blade.
- IITF approved rubber
- Wooden side tape.
- Has a faint fish-like odor.
- The STIGA Evolution has a 6-ply blade with 2.0mm Premium Rubber. The Premium Rubber is specially engineered to increase the speed of the player’s performance and generate extra spin. It is certainly faster than most premade rubbers used for making paddles. The STIGA Evolution is ideal for beginners aiming to up their game and participate in competitive tournaments.
- The paddle’s blade had a Shock Dispersion Tube. This is essentially a hollow section of the handle that is strategically positioned to absorb the shockwaves produced when the ball hits the blade and distribute them evenly throughout the paddle.
- The paddle is approved by IITF. You can use it to play in professional leagues and tournaments.
- It is lightweight and affords great balance. The racket weighs more in the head than the handle. This is a huge advantage for players with a defensive strategy asthey mostlyplay close to the table, applying chops to generate backspin on the ball. However, this may not be helpful for aggressive players who tend to play farther from the table.
- The sponge allows the player to control and return slams more easily. Also, it helps place the ball more consistently and accurately. Both these aspects are beneficial for defensive players.
- Performance wise, the STIGA Evolutions scores as follows: Speed = 96. Spin = 94. Control = 90.
- IITF approved Premium rubber
- Shock Dispersion Tube
- Excellent for defensive players
- Not very suitable for aggressive players
- Lacks extra protection on the side of the blade against damages.
- The Eastfield Allround has a 5-ply Eastfield Allwoodblade with A-soft 2.1mm rubbers. It has great stability and spin. It is perfect for beginners who need to learn how to control the racket. The speed of the racket is on the lower side which makes it ideal for learners trying to get a feel of the game and need to have more control over their shots.The paddle ensures great placement, blocking and chopping of the ball. The blade and the sponge work brilliantly together to give greater bounce and more consistent smashes and loops. All in all, this is a great racket for beginners learning the fundamentals of table tennis.
- The paddle is IITF approved. You can use it to participate in professional tournaments.
- The handle is flared for better comfort.
- Defensive players can also benefit from this paddle as it gives better control and ball placement.
- It weighs 2.9 ounces (190 gms). Its dimensions are: 5.9” x 1” x 10.2”.
- Performance score: Speed = 6/10. Spin = 8/10. Control = 10/10.
- IITF approved
- Excellent for beginners and defensive players.
- Greater control and consistency.
- Slower blade.Topspins get slowed down.
- Not ideal for fast and aggressive players.
- The Butterfly 603 Shakehand is, as the name suggests, designed for a shakehand grip. It is made with Wakaba Rubber on both sides and a 2.0mm sponge layer. This gives greater speed and spin. The racket produces powerful forehand and backhand shots. The sponge allows for an impressive topspin attack.
- The paddle includes a free paddle cover. The entire product comes enclosed in a smart gift carton with a magnetic case cover.
- It has a flared handle for greater comfort of grip.
- It weighs 1.6 pounds. Its dimensions are: 14” x 12” x 6”.
- Performance score: Speed = 82. Spin = 90. Control = 85.
- Great spin and speed.
- Ideal for shakehand grip.
- Attractive packaging.
- Free paddle cover.
- Some customers have complained that the paddle is a little too lightweight and feels hollow.
- The STIGA Pro Carbon has a 7-ply extra-light blade with S5 rubber and 2.0mm sponge.It is made of high-performance carbon to make the blade more rigid and increase the speed of shots.
- The rubber is IITF approved.
- The paddle is made with Nano Composite technology. This means the rubber bond is stronger and tighter, resulting in greater speed and better spin. This paddle is perfect for advanced professional players.
- The racket has numerous extremely tiny air pockets in the ultra-lightweight rubber that gives more speed, elasticity and control over shots. This feature is designed with the help of ACS technology.
- The paddle also uses Balsa technology (the centre ply is made of ultra light-weight balsa wood for better reaction time and speed) and Crystal technology (hardens the blade surface for speedier shots) for a truly professional-level playing feel.
- The STIGA Pro Carbon has WRB technology which is a combination of 3 special features. 1) Weight Balance: it ensures the weight of the racket is transferred to the point where it makes contact with the ball. 2) Rate of Recovery: reduction in blade weight affords better recovery after every stroke. 3) Ball Sensitivity: recess of the handle is placed strategically to give additional touch sensitivity.
- It also has a Shock Dispersion Tube.
- The handle is heavy and concave pro.
- Performance score: Speed = 99. Spin = 100. Control = 80.
- IITF approved
- State-of-the-art paddle
- Ideal for professional players.
- Does not support soft shots.
- Handle may be slightly heavy and may have a rough feel.
- Not suitable for playing far from table.
- The STIGA has a 6-ply extra light weight blade with Future Inverted Rubber and 2.0mm sponge.
- It is an IITF approved paddle.
- It uses STIGA ACS technology which meansthe paddle has plenty of microscopic air pockets in the ultra-light rubber that provides better speed, elasticity and control over shots.
- The paddle also boasts STIGA’s signature STIGA Tube, WRB technology and Crystal technology.
- This paddle benefits defensive players as it has a soft sponge. It gives greater control over shots and makes for excellent chopping, reverse return and backspin.
- The handle is made of Anatomic Italian Composite.
- Performance score: Speed = 90. Spin = 92. Control = 89.
- It weighs 5 ounces (142 gms).
- IITF approved.
- Uses latest technology
- Ideal for defensive players
- Excellent chops, service return and backspin.
- Not suited for loops and topspin shots.
- Too light-weight for aggressive playing.
- ThePalio Legend 2 is a special collaborative effort between Palio and Expert Table Tennis. The blade is 5-ply and made with PalioHadou rubbers on both sides for greater speed and spin.
- It is IITF approved.
- This racket has a fast premade blade designed for very powerful shots and spin.It is also great for playing loops as the rubbers are faster and harder and give loops an extra kick.
- The handle is flared for better grip and comfort. The paddle is slightly heavy and is perfect for advanced players.
- Performance score: Speed = 10/10. Spin = 9/10. Control = 6/10.
- Dimensions are: 11” x 7.3” x 1”. Weight is 9.1 ounces.
- The paddle includes a free paddle cover.
- IITF approved.
- Excellent loops, power-packed shots.
- Ideal for advanced players who want speed.
- Control is weak.
- Not suitable for beginners.
- The Killerspin JET200 has a 5-ply blade made with Jet Basic rubber and 1.8mm sponge. It is designed for superior control.
- The paddle has flexible PVC side tape for better protection of the blade against damages.
- This paddle is perfect for beginners and recreational players who need to control their shots. It is good for delivering precision shots.
- It has a flared handle for a comfortable grip.
- Performance score: Speed = 6. Spin = 7. Control = 8.5.
- It comes in 3 exciting colors: BluVanilla, Mocha and Lime.
- It weighs 6.2 ounces. The patented blue and black rubber gives the paddle a smart sassy look.
- It includes a Memory Book and a small marker pen for you to record your past performances, keep score and collect signatures.
- Provides great control over shots.
- Perfect for beginners.
- Not IITF approved.
- Lacks speed.
9. STIGA Titan
- The STIGA Titan has a 5-ply extra light weight blade with 2.0mm sponge and Triumph Inverted Tournament Rubber.
- It is an IITF approved paddle.
- The handle is Concave Italian Composite.
- This paddle is aimed at beginners who need to have more control over their shots.
- The STIGA Titan has WRB technology which is a combination of 3 special features. 1) Weight Balance: it ensures the weight of the racket is transferred to the point where it makes contact with the ball. 2) Rate of Recovery: reduction in blade weight affords better recovery after every stroke. 3) Ball Sensitivity: recess of the handle is placed strategically to give additional touch sensitivity.
- It also uses Balsa technology. This means that the centre ply is made of balsa which is extremely lightweight in order to ensure better reaction time and speed.
- The Titan also uses Crystal technology which hardens the blade surface so you can play faster shots.
- Performance score: Speed = 80. Spin = 77. Control = 82.
- Dimensions are: 12” x 7” x 3”. It weighs 5.6 ounces.
- IITF approved.
- Great control, perfect for beginners.
- Crafted with advanced technology.
- Average quality sponge.
- Not suitable for offensive players.
- The Double Fish 8 Star has a 5-ply blade that is made of one layer of Indus Wood core (has a soft texture, is anti-corrosion and light-weight), two layers of Zebra Wood panel (designed for superior speed needed for offensive play, procured from Africa) and two layers of Aryl Carbon (to keep the weight of the paddle as light as possible and facilitate more aggressive shots).
- The rubbers used are: Hunting FL233 internal energy rubber on the front face of the paddle and Hunting FA213 internal rubber on the back face. The rubbers are designed for greater rotational control, power and speed.
- Sponge thickness is 2.1mm. It is of average hardness.
- The handle is long and comfortable to hold.
- The paddle includes an Oxford carry bag, a film of protective rubber and a microfiber cleaning fabric.
- Performance score: Speed = 9/10. Spin = 9.5/10. Control = 9.5/10. It weighs 200 grams.
- Impressive speed, spin and control.
- Trusted brand.
- Rubber quality is average.
- Has a synthetic touch.
So this is the list of best ping pong paddles under $100 with pros & cons. I hope things are easy for you and you can choose the best paddle within your budget.
- Top 5 Best Table Tennis Rackets/Paddles for Beginners 2018
- Top 5 Best Table Tennis Paddles/Rackets for Intermediate Players 2018
- Top 7 Best Table Tennis Paddles/Rackets for Spin 2018