Lacrosse is a sport cherished by all age groups. It’s important to choose the appropriate Lacrosse gear before starting out on the field. Whether you are a beginner, advanced elite level player, all you need is the perfect shaft that suits your playing requirement. Shaft length and size is largely determined by your playing position and all shafts are not built equally. So depending on various factors, let’s check a list of some of the best lacrosse shafts of this year.
- Best Lacrosse Shafts 2019
- Top 10 Best Lacrosse Shafts 2019
- #1. East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Shaft
- #2. East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Carbon Pro Shaft
- #3. Epoch 6th Generation Dragonfly Lacrosse Shaft
- #4. Maverik Lacrosse Wonderboy Attack Shaft
- #5. Warrior Dolo Diamond Rabil Attacker Lacrosse Shaft
- #6. Warrior Burn Diamond Defense Lacrosse Shaft
- #7. Warrior Kryptolyte Criss Cross Lacrosse Shaft
- #8. Warrior Platinum 14 Defender Lacrosse Shaft
- #9. Epoch Lacrosse Dragonfly Eight Shaft
- #10. Maverik Hyperlite Attack Lacrosse Shaft
- Concluding thoughts
Best Lacrosse Shafts 2019
|Best Lacrosse Shafts||Position||Price|
|#1. East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Shaft||Attack||Check Price|
|#2. East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Carbon Pro Shaft||Defense||Check Price|
|#3. Epoch 6th Generation Dragonfly Lacrosse Shaft||Attack/Midfield||Check Price|
|#4. Maverik Lacrosse Wonderboy Shaft||Attack/Midfield||Check Price|
|#5. Warrior Dolo Diamond Rabil Lacrosse Shaft||Attack||Check Price|
|#6. Warrior Burn Diamond Lacrosse Shaft||Defense||Check Price|
|#7. Warrior Kryptolyte Criss Cross Lacrosse Shaft||Attack/Midfield||Check Price|
|#8. Warrior Platinum 14 Lacrosse Shaft||Defense||Check Price|
|#9. Epoch Lacrosse Dragonfly Eight Shaft||Defender/LSM||Check Price|
|#10. Maverik Hyperlite Lacrosse Shaft||Attack||Check Price|
>>:- Best Lacrosse Sticks
Depending on whether you play attack, defense, midfielder, goalie or any other, the shaft size will vary. Moreover, the material, shape and grip of your shaft play a pivotal role in the manner you play on the field. The shape of your lacrosse shaft can largely affect your grip and cradling. The shaft material and grip contribute to the weight, balance and comfort of your game.
It’s advisable to consider all the parameters before picking the right shaft that works best for you. There are a host of shafts manufactured by various brands and here are some of the best-rated shafts for lacrosse enthusiasts to choose from.
Top 10 Best Lacrosse Shafts 2019
The East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Shaft features the Flex 5 technology, which makes transitions easier than any other standard alloy shaft. Much like the technology, the stick flexes in the course of passing and shooting and can increase your speed.
The shaft offers a sandpaper grip on the handle, which has an octagonal shape. The classic shape with concave sides gives the perfect feel in your hands. It provides a strong grip and comfortable feel around the year. The shaft comes with a six-month factory warranty.
The lightweight, strong and loading technology enables faster and straighter shots. Available in six different colors, you can easily use the East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Shaft in any weather condition. It is long lasting and does not dent easily.
- Weight- 147 grams.
- Size: 30 inches
- Handle shape: Octagon
- Position: Attack
Price: You can purchase the East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Shaft at an affordable price.
- The shaft weighs only 6.2 ounces and is one of the lightweight shafts available in the market
- The ECD Lacrosse Shaft offers a good grip
- Comes with half-year warranty
- The 30” shaft offers a competitive playing advantage
- Advanced carbon fiber construction
- Some users complain of the shaft head loosening at times
- Comes with a relatively bigger shaft base
The ECD Lacrosse Carbon Pro is a lightweight shaft and features advanced composite materials that ensure high-quality and good performance. Well suited to those playing defense, this 60” Carbon Pro shaft has a mid-kick point that gives it a great balance and allows enhanced accuracy in long clearing passes.
It also features a React Flex material that contributes to the shot speed and snaps. The distinct raised texture at the bottom of the shaft enables a perfect grip, especially when throwing checks. A sturdy shaft, it offers great durability and is loved by defenders. Powered by the East Coast Dyes Kick Point technology, the shaft is perfect for fast shots and quick feeds.
The product is customized for both defense and attack lengths and can make performing easy anywhere on the field. The shaft’s design is appropriate for inside shooters where it delivers the extra kick at the end of the shot when hitting around it tightly.
ECD Lacrosse Carbon Pro is suited for both the high schools level lacrosse attackers as well as the elite players. This shaft is available in carbon matte black, matte grey and signature white colors. Whether you play attack, middie, goalie or defense the Carbon Pro is a timeless solution to your lacrosse playing needs.
- Weight: 6.2 ounces
- Material: Carbon fiber
- Position: Defense
Price: The East Coast Dyes Lacrosse Carbon Pro is available in an attractive price.
- The shaft is lightweight, yet strong and advanced
- Each position length features a unique flex profile designed to offer optimal performance especially for attackers, defenders and goalies.
- The kick point technology enables faster releases.
- The ECD Carbon shaft provides the perfect grip
- Faster shoots
- The sandpaper may need replacement after a few weeks of use.
- It may take a while for the beginners to adapt to the lightweight shaft
- Some players might find the shaft way too long
This 30” shaft from Epoch is a favorite among midfielders and attackers. The ergonomic shape that comes with a slip/grip has a highly engineered texture, which allows a consistent grip through all weathers. The Advanced Carbon Layering is unique to the Gen.6 Dragonfly and consists of thin composite layers.
The torque box is placed above the bottom hand and under the shaft top to create an optimal effect around the player’s hands. The torque box’s placement is such that it creates strength through the center and minimizes the weight around its ends, thus making it one of the lightest shafts available in the market.
The Flex IQ of 5 provides the shaft with great bendability and offers a uniform release point enabling smooth gameplay. The use of low Fiber Areal Weight in combination with high modulus carbon fiber creates tension on the fibers thereby making it flex back to its original position to offer optimal recoil.
- Position: Attack/ Midfield
- Length: 30 inches
- Material: Composite/Carbon Fiber
- Top coat: Slip/Grip
- Release point: Uniform
- Technology Platform: Advanced Carbon Layering with Axis Technology
- Warranty: One Year
Price: Epoch Lacrosse 6th Generation Dragonfly Carbon Fiber Short Stick can be purchased at an affordable price.
- The product comes with one year warranty from the manufacturer
- The shaft features a uniform release point.
- It is ideal for shooting and passing on the field. The carbon fibres are stretched along the front and compressed along the back by the load in the shaft the causes it to flex.
- The reload technology and high modulus carbon fiber extends optimal recoil.
- The composite material facilitates good grip and there is no requirement of using grip tapes.
- The short stick may not be suitable for the defensive players and goalies.
The Maverik Lacrosse Wonderboy Attack Shaft features a signature shape and comes in a classy silver color. The anodized make contributes to the lightweight of the shaft. It is well suited to advanced level players. The matte finish Tactile grip offers the perfect feel in hands and is enabled with the “NEW Adjustable Butt End” Technology for greater stability.
The shaft is built of 9000 Series Alloy materials. Maverik Lacrosse Wonderboy Attack Shaft is a perfect combination of strength and weight. It not only looks good but also is durable and can withstand all weather conditions. If you are looking for a shaft that does offer quality without burning a hole in your pockets, Maverik’s Wonderboy is an ideal choice.
It weighs around 6 pounds and a lot of players choose the brand for its great graphics, durability and affordability. Offered in attack and defense lengths, this product is one of the best-selling shafts preferred by youths.
This product line from Maverik is available in seven different colors, but the silver one is undoubtedly an all-weather product.
- Weight: 200 gm
- Length: 30”
- Shape: Straight
- Material: Aluminum/ Titanium Alloy
- Position: Attack/Midfield
Price: Maverik Lacrosse Wonderboy Attack Shaft be purchased from any sports store or ordered online at a very resonable price.
- The deep grooves on the shaft provide a good feel of the stick and enhance grip
- The shaft is fairly lightweight
- A durable product, it can withstand regular wear and tear and does not even dent easily.
- Weight to strength ratio is promising
- Eye-catching graphics enhance the shaft’s appearance
- May not suitable for all player levels and is specially designed for attackers and defenders
- The incorrect adjustment could cause the shaft to be wobbly while in use.
The Warrior Dolo Diamond Rabil Attacker is a signature design by Paul Rabil. The diamond grip on the shaft provides a good amount of friction on the shaft. Crafted with high-quality Altium alloy, this product from Warrior is an exclusive design that features the finest strength-to-weight ratio.
The black colored 30” shaft design enables smooth changing of hand positions, especially when cradling, shooting and throwing checks. Rabil shafts are known for their gripping and this shaft allows the attackers to fire a shot through the goalie.
The Altium alloy not only restores strength and weight balance, it also plays a vital role in the handle’s lightweight construct and additionally protects the shaft. Whether receiving checks or slashing shots, there’s no need to worry about damage as the shaft’s make is solid and making it durable.
You can pick from a range of colors available such as black, forest green, grey, navy blue, orange, red and royal blue.
- Material Composition: Metal Alloy
- Grip: Diamond Grip
- Size: 30”
- Color: Black
- Weight: 7 ounces
- Brand: Warrior
- Manufacturer Warranty: Six months
Price: You can buy the Warrior Dolo Diamond Rabil Attacker Lacrosse shaft at an affordable price.
- The Altium alloy used in this series offers a great strength and weight balance.
- The shaft is lightweight yet strong and provides a good feel
- The black color is an all-weather one adding to its neutrality
- The shaft is made of durable material and can be used around the year to hit the most promising shots.
- The diamond grip creates the perfect amount of friction in player’s hands and comes handy in dodging, shooting or throwing checks.
- Little expensive for the features offered when compared to its prototypes available in the market
- Players may have to apply additional strength when using this shaft
- Better suited to the intermediate and advanced level players and may not be ideal for new players
As the name suggests, the Warrior Burn Diamond Defense Handle is an ideal shaft for the “warriors” on the ground. It is usually preferred by those playing frontline with a mandate of scoring in the course of passing the ball.
The diamond grip is unique to this shaft and ensures that players have a firm and sturdy grip which is slip-free in any given weather condition.
The shaft is made of Kryptolyte alloy material, which makes it strong as well as rust-free. It also contributes to its lightweight enabling smooth play and great performance in the field. The “Speed-die” shape of the shaft provides the traditional feel of a stick to this shaft.
Price: The Warrior Burn Diamond Defense Handle Lacrosse Shaft is priced reasonably.
- The Warrior Burn Diamond Defense Handle Shaft is a compact one
- Does not require any external assembling
- The material used in its construction makes it strong and resistant to regular wear and tear
- Allow for a comfortable grip and control in all conditions
- Offers value for money
- The superlight shaft may not be suitable for some players
Love by passionate Lacrosse players, the Warrior Kryptolyte Criss-Cross Attack shaft is a perfect balance between strength and weight. This is an important feature for lacrosse sticks and this lightweight shaft has an upgraded crisscross pattern from which it derives its name. The pattern provides the shaft with its grip and comes with an additional graphic that adds to its functionality. The “x” pattern of the shaft gives players an ultimate control of the stick and is an ideal one for attackers.
The shaft’s grip is slip free and its grip elements are strategically arranged at the top and bottom, which makes for the places where players typically tape their sticks. It is engineered with high-grade 7001 Kryptolyte alloy material popularly known as one of the best materials used in shafts. The shaft is trendy in its appearance and features the new “fade away” graphics look.
- Weight: 210 grams
- Size: 30”
- Grip: Full Length
- Shape: Straight
- Material: Alloy
- Position: Attack/Midfield
Price: The Warrior Kryptolyte Criss Cross Attack Lacrosse Shaft is affordable.
- Makes for an ideal shaft for male attack players
- Comes with six months manufacturer warranty.
- Offers value for money
- There could be some light chipping on the grip coating
The Warrior Platinum 14 Defender Lacrosse Shaft has been designed in a manner to suit the playing requirements of youth and high school players of any position. The platinum series of handles ensure great strength to the shaft, which is almost double that of any standard aluminum handle.
Beginners will find this shaft as a functional gear to take their gaming to the next level. The platinum grade alloy also ensures the shaft’s durability and comes handy in receiving and giving big checks with full potential.
- Size: 60”
- Weight: 425 grams
- Shape: Straight
- Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Position: Defense
Price: The Warrior Platinum 14 Defender Lacrosse Shaft is priced at a reasonable price.
- Ideal for beginners and intermediate level players of any position.
- The zonal grip is raised from the bottom of the shaft
- It is an ideal design for those who are looking for an extra grip, no extra tapes required
- The platinum grade construction offers double strength to the shaft. Better than aluminum alloy
- Great shaft for mid-level players
- May not be suitable for goalies
This shaft from Epoch is an exclusive one loaded with most advanced technologies. The Surface Veil Technology has been engineered to increase the firmness of the Dragonfly Eight shaft. The additional layer comes with the highly engineered material which features on the shaft’s exterior.
The manufacturing process makes way for SVT to be integrated with the carbon fiber layer. This adds a superficial layer that protects the surface and prevents it from warping or denting easily. The 12K “Intelligent Weave Technology” attributes to its stability thereby allowing players to push the stick’s head when shooting or passing the ball. This technology enables greater and uniform construction of the shaft.
The uniform release allows for consistent flex and provides enhanced control to the players. The shaft bends when required owing to the Flex IQ technology enabled on it. The torque box reduces crimp and reduces the weight of the shaft by cutting down on the non-essential materials.
- Position: Defender/LSM
- Length: 60 inch
- Material: Composite Carbon
- Technology: A.C.L. with Axis Technology
- Colors: Naked Carbon and White
- Warranty: 1 year
- Top Coat: Slip Grip
Price: You can purchase the Epoch Lacrosse Dragonfly Eight Shafts at a very affordable price.
- Engineered with advanced aerospace grade materials such as carbon fiber
- SVT protects the outer surface and adds on to the shaft’s longevity
- Maintains the structural integrity of weight-strength balance
- Can elevate your game to a grander level
- Ensures greater power, more accuracy and better performance
- Does not feature additional superior grip formation
- Highly Priced
Maverik Hyperlite Attack Lacrosse Shaft is lightweight and has been designed with the attackers in mind. The carbon fiber contributes to the shaft’s weight. The product is available in both matte and glossy finish and you can choose the one that specifically suits your taste.
The matte finish shaft from Maverick features a classy appearance and the GritGrip finish adds to the 12K carbon weave construction. Weighing around 5 ounces, this is one of the lightest shafts around for lacrosse players. While most composite shafts may not provide stiffness similar to that of alloy shafts, Maverik ensured this “Hyperlite” one to be firm with the potential of offering consistent release and added power to player’s hands.
The GritGrip refers to the sandblasted texture on the shaft. However, this is evenly balanced out with the matte finish, which gives it a smooth texture. This shaft comes with a rubberized “adjustable butt end” system that can aid in adjusting to specific playing preferences. This Hyperlite shaft from Maverik features a traditional concave octagon shaped handle.
- Material: Carbon Fiber
- Weight: 142 grams
- Finish: Matte
- Handle shape: Traditional concave octagon
Price: The Maverik Hyperlite Attack Lacrosse Shaft – Matte Finish is priced very reasonably.
- A-class shaft mostly cherished by serious lacrosse players
- Feather lightweight attributed to carbon fiber
- Strong, firm and sturdy
- Offers consistent release for shooting and passing
- Optimal strength to weight design
- The GritGrip provides enhanced traction to the handle
- Ideal for the offensive players
- The shaft may not be suitable for the junior school level players
- The price is a little high as compared to its prototypes available in the market.
So this, ends our review section of best lacrosse shafts available this year for all the lacrosse lovers.
- Top Lacrosse Sticks for Beginners
- Top Lacrosse Sticks for Youth
- Top Lacrosse Sticks for Middies
- Top Lacrosse Sticks for Attack
- Best Women’s Lacrosse Sticks
This review is just an effort to present to you some of the best lacrosse shafts available so that you can make a comprehensive choice based on your personal preference that suits your playing needs. The above brief highlights the important factors such as grip, weight, strength and durability of the shaft that one needs to keep in mind while purchasing the appropriate shaft. However, you may also consider the ease of cleaning, use, appearance, and number of grip positions and design of the shaft’s holding edge before picking one of the best lacrosse shafts for playing a winning match.