Each Pickleball Paddle is uniquely designed and comes in distinct sizes, materials, weight, grip and construction. Players must consider all the features of the pickleball gear prior to purchasing the best pickleball paddle.
- List of 25 Best Pickleball Paddles 2018:-
- Top 25 Best Pickleball Paddle Reviews 2018
- #1. Upstreet Graphite Pickleball Paddle
- #2. Onix Graphite Z5 Pickleball Paddle
- #3. GAMMA Micron 2.0 Pickleball Paddle
- #4. Rally Graphite Power 2.0 Pickleball Paddle
- #5. Duck Ranger Graphite Pickleball Paddle
- #6. Pro Lite Sports Enforcer Pickleball Paddle
- #7. 30P XL Epic Polymer Pickleball Paddle
- #8. Amazin’ Aces ‘BAINBRIDGE’ Pickleball Paddle
- #9. Selkirk Sports Honeycomb Core Paddle
- #10. Pickle-Ball Inc. Vortex 2.0 Pickleball Paddle
- #11. Paddletek Bantam EX-L Pickleball Paddle
- #12. Champion Graphite Pickleball Paddle
- #13. Paddletek Element Pickleball Paddle
- #14. Selkirk Sports Omni 31P XO Paddle
- #15. Pro Lite Blaster Pickleball Paddle
- #16. Zephalon Pickleball Paddle
- #17. Selkirk Sports Maxima 21P MXO Paddle
- #18. Wolfe X3 3K Pickleball Paddle
- #19. Pickle-Ball Inc. Elite Paddle
- #20. Gearbox Seven Pickleball Paddle
- #21. Pickleball-X Finity Aluminum Paddle
- #22. Amazin’ Aces Pickleball Paddle
- #23. Rally Graphite 6.7-7.5 oz. Pickleball Paddle
- #24. Rally Meister Rally-Bundle Pickleball Paddle
- #25. Rally Tyro Pickleball Paddle
- Best Pickleball Paddle Buying Guide
- What is a Pickleball Paddle?
- Top five reasons why you must buy a Pickleball Paddle
- Factors to consider before buying a Pickleball Paddle
- Pickleball Paddles Material
- Pickleball Paddles Core Construction
- Choose Pickleball Paddle: Power vs Control
- Heavy vs Light Pickleball Paddles
- Small Grip vs Long Grip Pickleball Paddles
List of 25 Best Pickleball Paddles 2018:-
Pickleball is a game of everyone and doesn’t limit anyone from any age group to enjoy this game. The paddles for this game are fabricated from various materials. These are available in grip handles of different sizes. It is best to look into the features of the paddle to decide which one would prove to be the best for you.
For instance, light paddles are ideal for players who are looking for control over their hit. Heavyweight paddles offer a lot of drive with minimal effort put in by the player. Heavyweight paddles are not suited for beginners. Nomex cores offer excellent control whereas polymer cores are ideal for those who prefer a quieter paddle.
Make sure to read all the reviews carefully before purchasing a paddle which is best suited for you & you can also go through our buying guide to get more help in choosing the best pickleball paddle.
Top 25 Best Pickleball Paddle Reviews 2018
Pickle ball is a fun game to indulge in no matter what your age is. If you are serious about the game, then upgrading your equipment can perhaps help you up your pickleball game. It isn’t an easy task to pick the best pickleball paddle as there are aplethora of options available. Advanced players need to pick a pickleball paddle with more power and less control.
Those who are new to the game need to pick a paddle with some control in order to help you place the shots. People with arm fatigue can consider purchasing a lighter paddle. Here are reviews of 25 beautifully crafted pickleball paddle which you can choose from based on your needs.
This advanced pickleball paddle offered by Upstreet is a favorite amongst pickleball players regardless of their skill set.This pickleball paddle promises sound consistency and offers a resilient surface. Each paddle offered by the company is inspected thoroughly for the weak spots. Optimum mechanical performance is assured by the polypropylene Honeycomb pickleball paddle.
Pickleball paddles range anywhere from 6 to 14 ounces. Graphite Pickleball paddle weighs 8.6 ounces. A lighter paddle offers better control but less drive. A heavier paddle offers more drive and power but less control. Graphite pickleball paddle strikes a perfect balance as it is neither too light nor heavy. The paddle comprises of thick foam backing which ensures a smooth and comfortable grip. This is one of the most popular paddles amongst advanced players.
- Weighs 8.6 ounces
- 5” grip
- Offers widespread ball control
- Durable to survive accidental paddle swipes against the ground
- Comprises of a protective ring around the taped neck
- Consists of a core of polypropylene honeycomb composite
- Bonded to offer protection to the core from environmental damage
- Ideal for beginner to intermediate players
- Offers better control to the players
- Durable and is made of high-end materials
- Less power
The Graphite Z5 pickleball paddle is immensely popular model amongst pickleball players. This paddle offers finesse and great control to the players. The wide body design of the paddle promises high performance. The solid feel of this paddle appeals to all players regardless of their experience.
This paddle is perfect for players who are looking for a quality medium weight paddle. This paddle offers great control with its well-balanced features. This paddle is an ideal option for players who are looking to save some money on a graphite paddle.
- Designed with high-performance composite materials
- Widebody dimensions
- Wide hitting surface
- Available in exciting colors
- Offers finess and great control
- Features Nomex core
- Strikes a perfect balance between speed and power
- Widebody shape makes it ideal for beginners
- Offers outstanding ball control
- Comprises of a basic paddle core in comparison to other paddles in the price range
Gamma Classic features a pickleball paddle with a balanced weight. The paddle moves around easily and is pretty much on the lighter side. It features mild padding and comprises of grooves to offer better grip to the players.
- Weighs 7.9 ounces
- Comprises of a textured fiberglass face
- Excellent control and power offered by Aramid Honeycomb
- GAMMA honeycomb grip promises comfort while playing
- 4” grip size
- GAMMA Durable Edge Guard offers protection to the core and the paddle hitting surface against any court damage
- Excellent control and power offered by the honeycomb core
- Perfect paddle for those looking for a smaller grip and a mid-weight paddle
- Composite core and textured fiberglass face promises good control and crisp feel
- Complies with USAPA specifications
- Few players are not really fond of the loud sound that comes from the paddle during the game play
- The flush rubber rim offered does not really offer any realisticadvantage to the players
The pickle ball paddle has been fabricated to offer an incredible experience to the players at an affordable price. This paddle has been designed by a national champion pickleball player who also happens to be a trained mechanical engineer. New proprietary components and state-of-the-industry materials promise unrivaled performance and durability.
Superior strength is imparted to this paddle by the graphite face. This as well eliminates denting and dinging. The honeycomb core is strong and lightweight. It helps in delivering passing shot power and precise ball control. The grip remains solid and dry owing to the Winn Dry Grip. The paddle is kept secure by the flared octagonal handle cap. The 4.25-inches grip is considered to be an ideal size for beginners.
- Extra-large paddles promises larger sweet spot
- The graphite face offers precise ball control
- The Winn moisture control grip increases paddle control and prevents slippage
- The weight is balanced to offer power and quick shot response to the players
- Interlocking Neck Guard and Corner-Shield ensure durability and greatly enhance strength
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty and 30-day return policy
- USAPA approved for tournament play
- Optimal balance of precision and power
- Accurate shot control
- Extra large sweet spot
- Medium tac perforated grip
- Performance and ball control enhanced by the graphite surface
- Interlocking net guard reduces vibration, maximizes the sweet spot and offers unrivaled paddle protection
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
- Ideal choice for beginners because of its wide hitting surface and lightweight design
- Nomex core makes the paddle resistant to cracks, dents, and damage
- Ideal for elderly players
- Not suitable for people looking for a quieter paddle
- Edge guard is not desired by experienced players
If you are looking for the quietest core, then Duck Ranger is the best paddle you can ever opt for. The birdbone core is the softest and offers you more power and control over every shot. The ranger weighs 220 grams with a rubber edge guard. The strong polymer core absorbs shock efficiently. The use of durable aerospace materials ensures that this pickleball paddle will withstand the test of time.A 1-year warranty is offered over this pickleball paddle once you register the product after making a purchase. The 1-year defect-free guarantee protects you for up to 365 days after the sale.
The carbon fiber face renders this pickleball paddle durable and waterproof. Carbon fiber offers a combination of strength, feel and touch. This as well enhances the life expectancy of the paddle. Graphite offers quick action as it is a lighter material. This USAPA approved paddle offers best of the both worlds.
- Polymer birdbone core
- Quietest core
- Better control over shot placement
- Rubber edge guard prevents dings and scrapes
- Use of advanced aerospace fiberglass
- USAPA approved for use in tournaments
- Durable and waterproof
- Longest warranty offered over any pickleball paddle
- Great customer service
- Not ideal for people with large hands
If you are looking for an inexpensive, quality pickleball, then you must consider purchasing the Pro Lite Sports Enforcer Graphite Pickleball Paddle. This is one of the lightest graphite paddles and weights 7.2 ounces. The heavier paddle does not offer better control over the ball.The rate at which you fatigue accelerates when the paddle is heavier. The light paddle is the best option if you are looking to play for a longer time.
This paddle is the best for beginners. The grip size of this paddle is 4” which is ideal for people that are 5’2” or shorter. This paddle wouldn’t be ideal for those who have big hands. This paddle features a Nomexhoneycomb core with a graphic surface. This paddle wouldn’t be suitable for those looking for a quieter core. This paddle offers a smaller hitting surface and helps in delivering some power shots.
- Features a long extra handle
- Made by reputed manufacturers
- Designed with screenprinted graphic of pickleball and a solid color background
- Made by one of the leading manufacturer’s of pickleball paddles, Pro-Lite Sports
- Available in various color variants
- The paddle offers extra control and helps in performing complicated shots
- Perfect weight balance is ensured by the tear-drop shape
- Tear-drop shape strikes a perfect balance
- Features an unusual design in comparison to most of the pickleball paddles which may not appeal to all
This paddle has been designed based on the PowerCore technology. Unparalleled control is offered in a polymer paddle by the graphite playing surface. This paddle features a PowerCore honeycomb core.
This paddle offers a soft feel and would appeal to the advanced players. Maximum hitting surface is offered by the extra low profile edge guard. It is available in three color combinations: Indigo Rose, Crimson Coal, and Blue Crush
- Durable and Lightweight
- USAPA Tested
- Approved for tournament play
- Based on Polymer PowerCore Technology
- Pro-Lite Gamma Grip
- Ideal for intermediate to advanced players
- Lighter paddle
- Not ideal for those looking for heavier paddles offering better power
The Bainbridge pickleball paddle features durable fiberglass and graphite blend face coupled with an aluminum honeycomb core. An ultra cushion premium grip delivers maximum performance. This paddle features highest performance paddles offered by the company and weighs just 7.9 oz. The design offers a blend of control and power. Each paddle comes with a cover which protects your paddle during storage. The cover comprises of convenient shoulder strap which promises easier transportation.
This paddle is excellent for both beginners and advanced players. The aluminum core ensures connectedness with the paddle. The graphite face offers better control. The paddle is rendered responsive owing to the use of honeycomb core. The rimless design ensures few mishits and less weight.
- Premium cushion grip
- Average weight of 7.9 oz
- No edge guard
- Features an aluminum and honeycomb core
- Fiberglass paddle face
- Paddle length of 16”
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Large sweetspot
- Optimal balance between control and power
- Honeycomb core ensures longevity and strength
- Maximum comfort is offered by honeycomb core
- Includes paddle cover
- Made of high-quality wood
- Heavier in comparison to other paddles
This paddle from Selkirk comprises of an aluminum honeycomb core and a composite outer layer. This paddle is available in three different sizes: L, XL, and XL extended. All three sizes vary in width of the face and in length of the handle. The increased handle length offers extra control over the moving paddle. These paddles are little heavier in comparison to other players and offer a lot of control in handling any shot.
This paddle meets the USAPA specifications and can be used in any competition. This paddle features a composite surface made of fiberglass which promises durability and quietness. The expertly designed graphics are available seven color options.
- Composite surface layer
- Aluminum honeycomb core
- Low-profile vinyl edge trim
- Approved for tournament play and is USAPA tested
- UV protection feature
- Long handles
- Approved by USAPA
- Available in three different sizes
- Doesn’t come with a bag
The Vortex 2.0 Pickle-ball paddle has been designed with the latest innovation, PFG2 Core. This core was developed for generating control characteristics and solid power and at the same time to decrease the noise level associated with tournament paddles delivering high performance. Vortex 2.0 is the heaviest paddle produced by the company and is made specifically for the players who are looking to add some weight to the paddle.
The original Vortex paddle design has been retained in this model. The UV coating ensures protection from the sun. This highest rated heavy paddle certainly promises to take your game to the next level by offering better control and balance to the players. The Gamma Ultra Contour promises increased control and a natural grip to the players.
- Perforated cushion grip style
- Made from unique core technology
- Approved for tournament play
- Heavy weight paddle promises excellent balance of power and control
- XL head shape provides more margin for error
- Larger sweet spot
- Durable and responsive Nomex honeycomb core
- Can be used both outdoors and indoors
- Built from quality materials
- Rugged edge guard withstands damages
- Offers better grip
- Certainly not the lightest paddle available in the market
The Bantam EX-L Pickleball Paddle is one of the most popular paddles offered by Paddletek. This paddle features a specialized core made of polymer and is designed to offer more placement control and greater power. The hits with this paddle are strong yet quieter when compared to Nomex core paddles.
This model can be termed as a winner in the lighter weight paddles category. This paddle weighs 7.7 to 8.3 ounces on an average. The wide face of 7-3/4” offers decent room on the face. The grip is of medium size and is padded to ensure comfort to the players.
- Balanced weight distribution
- Extra-large playing surface
- Increased all-around performance
- Delivers great value and action
- Better grip
- Sturdy construction
- Good for ground strokes, placement, and soft game
- Not suitable for players with large hand
The Champion Graphite pickleball paddle has been on the market for over two decades and has been an ideal choice for both advanced players and beginners. This paddle has set a benchmark for performance and design. This paddle offers superb power, feel and ball control owing to the use of Nomex honeycomb core and graphite surfacing.
This paddle is ideal for many players and is a true classic. The quality construction, sturdy edge guard, and extra-large face shapemake this paddle one of the best paddles available in the market. The updated version of this paddle comes with a slim edgeguard and a pleasing grip size.
- Flat black wrap grip
- Overlapping paddle face of ¼-inch
- Powerful and durable Nomex honeycomb core
- XL head shape lessens mis-hits
- Low profile edge guard
- Ideal weight range for most of the players, 6.8-7.8oz
- IFP/USAPA approved for tournament play
- Graphite face for ball control at the net and for soft touch
- 6 months warranty against manufacturing defects and covering material
- No choice of smaller handle
The Element Pickleball Paddle is an immensely popular paddle offered by Paddletek. This model is quite similar to the Phoenix Pro when it comes to the size. This lighter paddle permits players to impart spin without losing any vital power on their hits. Quickness and maximum maneuverability are offered when the oversized hitting area is coupled with the lightest possible weight for a paddle.
This paddle comprises a polymer core which has been developed specifically by the manufacturer. This paddle falls in the middleweight category and weighs around 7.5 to 7.8 ounces. Middleweight paddles offer a better combination of control and weight. The wide face offers a decent amount of hitting thesurface. The grip is slightly cushioned and has a smaller circumference. The paddles feature the smallest edge guard.
- Silk screened surface imparts a light weight feel
- Bit heavier than Paddletek Bantam TS-5
- Larger playing surface
- Offers a great combination of power and control
- Excellent maneuverability and speed
- Suitable for all players despite their skill set
- Loved by professionals
- 5-year no dead spot guarantee
- One year manufacturer’s guarantee
- Polymer core paddle imparts durability
- Not ideal for players looking for heavier paddles offering more power and drive
This paddle has been perfected in terms of balance, feel length, width, and weight by an arduous process. The Omni 31P XO graphite paddle has been designed beautifully by Glen Peterson. If you are an advanced player looking for the latest equipment, then this paddle can offer you an edge on the court.
This lightweight paddle offers an excellent control. The extra length renders this paddle heavy. But this paddle has been designed to remain in the lightweight class despite being elongated. This paddle works excellently with the normal continental grip and the shake hand grip.
- Durable and powerful polymer core
- Durable edge-guard and low-profile
- 7.1-7.3oz in weight
- Perfect combination of control and power
- Elongated paddle with a slim design
- Designed by a pioneer in the field of development of elongated paddle concept
- Superior manufacturing processes and materials
- The handle is really short
The Pro-Lite Blaster paddle is a lightweight paddle that offers a large hitting surface thereby rendering it super accurate. This paddle has been engineered to deliver performance and is well balanced. The blend of feel and control makes this paddle immensely popular. This paddle was endorsed by Enrique Ruiz during the 2012 doubles National Championship.
This paddle features an extra large sweet spot and greater control. The honeycomb core offers an exceptional touch while delivering finesse shots. The edge guard makes it ideal for anoutdoor play where bruises and bumps tend to happen often. The No Slip Grip design ensures that the paddle doesn’t slip out of your hands. The grip is slightly shorter than other paddles.
- 4 1/8” grip
- 7.3 oz weight
- Made by a reputed company
- Ideal for outdoor play
- Great feel and touch
- Extremely light in weight
- Greater control at the net
- Consistent while playing back and top-spin shots
- Available in variety of colors
- Expensive model
- Light weight can result in minor power issues
- Handle can be a little short for players with large hands
Choosing a professional quality pickleball paddle will certainly enhance your accuracy, touch, and power and at the same time will minimize your mishits. Zephalon Pickleball Paddlebrings an element of consistency into the game with its forgiving design. Zephalon pickleball paddle permits you to hit all the shots with the much-needed confidence.
This paddle has been designed to last. It features a Nomex honeycomb core and carbon fiber. This discourages dents and dings in the paddle. This paddle is backed with a lifetime guarantee which implies that if this paddle doesn’t enhance your pickleball experience, then you can claim a full refund by returning the product to the manufacturer.
- Delivers powerful serves and ground strokes
- Clean shots that promote spin
- Optimal weight for speed and power
- Widebody design offers a larger sweet spot
- Lifetime guarantee
- Paddle built to last
- Nice balance, light in weight
- Comfortable grip
- Professionals looking for more drive and power will have to opt for heavier paddles
With aesthetically appealing design, the Maxima polymer composite model has been designed with Morgan Evans. It has an average weight of 7.6oz and provides the extra reach thereby allowing to take advantage of the angled shots.
The unique round shape of this paddle creates a sweet spot for those looking for a precise swing. The extra long handle permits one to execute backhand with much ease. Like all the premium models offered by Selkirk, the Maxima paddle comes with a lifetime warranty as well. All the paddles are manufactured with the best processes and materials.
- Unique shape offers extra control and sweet spot
- PowerCore Polymer core, DualPrintsurface, and FiberStrong Composite face enhance the ability to spin the ball and increase power
- Structural integrity and extra power owing to balanced edge guard
- Lightweight yet powerful paddle
- Confident hold and comfortable grip
- Harder to control if you do not hit the sweet spot
This paddle features an edge guard and is ideal for aggressive players who want to protect their paddle against chips. The surface of this paddle comprises of three layers. The fiberglass layer is topped with graphite and a carbon fiber which renders the surface of the paddle durable and strong. The core of the paddle which is aluminum honeycomb is durable and strong.
This paddle has been designed to be light and strong. This proline paddle comprises of padded grips for offering an excellent balance of control and comfort. This superstrong paddle weighs 8.3 ounces. It has been tested by USAPA/IFP. It meets all the requirements laid down for a tournament play.
- Aluminum honeycomb core
- Tested by USAPA/IFP
- Weighs 8.3 ounces
- Strikes balance between control and comfort
- Features an edge guard
- Power players may find this paddle too light
The Elite series pickleball paddles have been carefully and elegantly designed to deliver the performance being sought. The Finesses paddle has been designed specifically to provide speed, touch and light feel. The Finesse is the lightest paddle offered by the company and is ideal for players who prefer short-game shots. This paddle is for players who prefer to win points at the net. The Power paddle fetches more points to the players from the baseline.
This paddle offers the control of the graphite surface. The Power paddle promises the highest power score. The sleek aerodynamic form generates more speed and at the same time ensures that the players do not lose control. The Skill paddle is designed with pop in mind and added aresponse. The surface is manufactured to offer an incredible impact with an overcoat material. Ideal for seasoned players.The Skill paddle rewards those with precision and control.
- Incredible impact, response, and drive
- High-end performance grip
- New edge guard design
- USAPA Tournament approved
- Graphite with Nomex core
- Increased impact with added periphery weighting
- Subtle control and quick feel
- Fast and light weight
- Sleek design
- Imparts spin easily
- Available in several color variants
- Ensures quiet performance
- Added power and control
- Made in the USA
- Player seeking more drive need to opt for the heavier variants
Gearbox Seven is the lightest paddle created by Gearbox which yet impacts resistant and strong. This paddle has been constructed using the Patent Pending Solid Span Technology. The handle and the paddle face feature a single carbon fiber structure. Extreme durability is imparted to the model with the hand laid carbon fiber incorporated into the design with the Gearbox proprietary process. The ergonomically and exceptionally designed handle ensures control, power, and comfort. This paddle doesn’t feature any soft spots or honeycomb core.
- Lightest paddle designed by Gearbox
- 1-year warranty on the product
- USAPA approved for use in tournaments
- Made with Solid Span Technology
- Carbon Fiber Composition
- Durable, edgeless and molded
- Single piece molded construction
- Maximized sweet spot
- Edgeless, no soft spots, no honeycomb core, no delamination
- Quite expensive in comparison to other pickleball paddles offering similar features
This USAPA approved paddle will never let you down. It features a sturdy construction and is made with an aluminum core and fiberglass. The extremeergonomic design ensures acomfortable grip. The perfect 5-inch handle offers the necessary length for handling the paddle the way you want to. 8.4-8.6 oz weight ensures that the paddle delivers the power that professional players seek. This paddle delivers pro performance as it has been equipped with the X-Factor. Maximum protection to the paddle is offered by the durable rubber guard. The unique design of the paddle element offers alarge sweet spot to the players in addition to the perfect balance. This paddle is ideal for all players despite their skillset.
- Large sweet spot and perfect balance
- Designed to reduce paddle noise
- Constructed with aluminum core and fiberglass
- Most comfortable grip
- Perfect length provides you the freedom to hold the paddle the way you want
- Comfortable and secure grip
- Excellent performance and design
- Better maneuvering
- Quieter than Nomex cores
- Fiberglass faces aren’t durable as carbon or graphite
- You need to exert a lot of energy to get the drive
These are Pickleball Paddles from Amazin Aces which have specifically been designed for beginners. They are wooden paddles and have been carefully designed to offer maximum performance. The key features of this pickleball paddle set are as follows.
- These are wooden paddles offering plenty of pop.
- The dimensions of this paddle are 7’’ W x 15-1/2’’ L which meets the USAPA specifications.
- The grip circumference is 4-1/4’’.
- These paddles have been made by fashioning seven plies of maple wood to form a rigid and durable paddle.
- It comes with a high-quality polyurethane grip.
- The grip of these paddles has a slight elevated ribbing around the handle to ensure a perfect grip.
- It also comes with a wrist strap at the bottom to ensure that it doesn’t fly out of the hands while swinging. It can also be used when storing the paddle on the hook or nail.
- They come with 4 pickleballs which are durable and high performing.
- The pickleballs are outdoor balls but they also work as indoor balls.
- The complete set includes 2 pickleball paddles, 4 outdoor pickleballs and a PDF guide via email for rules, tips etc.
- It comes with a colourful screen printing of an orange pickleball and Amazin Aces logo on both sides of the paddle.
- This package comes in a sharp looking box with the logo sign on it which can account for a great gift set.
These are Pickleball Paddles from Rally which have been known to incorporate the state of the industry materials to provide maximum playability and durability. The key features of this pickleball paddle are as follows.
- The graphite face of the paddles is made up of 0/90 unidirectional carbon layers for superior strength that prevents it from denting and dinging.
- The core of the paddles features Nomex honeycomb which is very lightweight but still strong enough to take multiple slams, volleys and dinks.
- It comes with a solid grip delivered by Winn Dry Grip that is helpful in avoiding mishits by ensuring a solid and dry grip.
- It also comes with a trim edge guard that keeps it safe from any ground contact and hence maintains maximum paddle playing surface.
- The average weight of this paddle is 7.6 ounces for the standard version and 8.4 ounces for the power version.
- It comes with a medium grip circumference of 4 ¼’’.
- It has a perforated cushion grip also known as Winn Dry Tac.
- The length of the paddle is about 15 ¾’’ and width of the paddle is 8 1/8’’.
- The length of the grip is 4 ¾’’.
- It comes with an overlapping edge guard which is 1/8’’.
These are pickleball paddles from Rally Meister and are the best choices for YMCAs, schools, community centres etc. that provides paddles to groups of pickleballers. The key features of this paddle are mentioned below.
- It is lighter than most wooden paddles.
- It is made by gluing together 7 plies of honey coloured maple wood that ensures a ridged and strong paddle core.
- It comes with a high-end cushion grip made of top-notch polyurethane.
- The grip is moisture wicking and slightly compressible to ensure a comfortable grip.
- The grip also has a slight elevated ribbing around the handle to provide a tremendous feel while gripping the handle.
- A wrist strap is also included at the bottom to ensure the stability of it and to provide the convenience of being able to hand it onto a hook.
- The dimensions of this paddle are 7’’ W x 15-1/2’’ L.
- The grip circumference is 4-1/4’’.
- This bundle comes with 2 wood pickleball paddles and 4 green coloured indoor Pickleball Now pickleballs.
- The colour of the pickleballs can vary between green or white.
- The Rally Meister name has been adorned on both sides of the varnished paddle faces.
These are Pickleball Paddles from Rally Tyro which is known to include a large number of technical innovations to make these paddles suitable for all kinds of pickleball players. These are one of the best professional calibre paddles at a reasonable price. The key features of this pickleball paddle are as follows.
- These paddles have been handcrafted from Aerospace Composite materials.
- It comes with a high-quality grip that provides incredible ball feel and control.
- The paddle is really lightweight with a total weight of under 7 ounces to provide better control and faster reaction time.
- It comes with a full-sized face that provides a bigger sweet spot.
- These paddles have a durable edge guard that ensures damage protection.
- The face of these paddles is made up of polycarbonate and is dent-proof.
- These paddles have been designed for both outdoor and indoor play.
- The grip circumference is 4-1/8’’.
- The grip length is 15-5/8’’.
- The paddle length is 15-5/8’’ and width is 7-3/4’’.
- The core material is made up of polymer honeycomb.
- The edge guard is 1/8’’ overlapping paddle face.
Choosing the best pickleball paddle can be quite overwhelming. For a newcomer, all of them might seem to be the same but actually, they all are quite different. The kind of pickleball paddle that works for your mate might not work for you. Everyone has a different grip size and a different kind of body that can handle a different kind of paddle.
With the wide range of pickleball paddles available from a number of manufacturers, you can very well reach the one that suits you the best. However, the main factor that decides which paddle is best for you is you. A beginner will need a lighter and a shorter pickleball paddle so that it is easy for them to swing and handle.
As for the expert players who have mastered the handling of the paddles, they may seem to have a different view. Some of the experts believe that a lighter paddle offers less power over the ball and is generally more suitable for the beginners only. These kinds of players can always go for slightly heavier wooden paddles with desired grip size.
You will always want to make sure that the grip size and material is of high-quality. Players tend to have sweaty hands during the game which may cause their performance to get affected. The good pickleball paddles come with a moisture wicking grip material which eliminated this problem. So before going for the final pickleball paddle, make sure you take into account everything about your grip and game.
Best Pickleball Paddle Buying Guide
The game of Pickleball might come out as a new concept for most people today. But actually, it has been around for more than 50 years. Pickleball is presently one of the fastest growing sports in the US. The craze for this sport has been seemingly increasing over time. Players often say that it is fun to play and quite addictive too.
So, here in this buying guide, we will answer all the questions, that you desired to ask, being a pickleball player or looking to get into the game.
What is a Pickleball Paddle?
A Pickleball paddle is basically a pickleball gear which is slightly bigger than the table tennis paddle and smaller than the tennis racquet. It may be made up of wood, aluminium or graphite. Since the game of pickleball is kind of a variation of the badminton, tennis and table tennis, the pickleball paddle works in the same way as in these games. The paddle will be used to hit a special pickleball ball just like tennis.
Top five reasons why you must buy a Pickleball Paddle
Pickleball is being seen as an emerging sport in US from quite a long time. Players claim that once you start it, it is hard to get over it. It is quite addictive and fun. With the number of pickleball players increasing, we do recommend you to try it of you are looking for something different.
Here are the top five reasons as to why you must buy a pickleball paddle at the earliest.
- Basic pickleball gear: Since a pickleball paddle is the basic pickleball gear you need to play the game, you must buy one. A pickleball paddle and a ball are the basic elements of this game and usually the paddles always comes with the balls too.
- Easy to use:A pickleball paddle is very easy to use. Once you get into the game, it is easy to swing if you are familiar with any one of the games such as badminton, tennis or table tennis. Even if you are not familiar with these games, it is still easy to use and handle.
- Available in many materials:The pickleball paddle is available in many materials that it is made up of. As per the beginners, the wooden paddle might seem heavier and hard to handle. They can always go for the graphite ones. As per the experts, they get to choose from various designs in each of them.
- Ideal size: Though some people may find it hard to handle the big tennis racquet, the size of the pickleball paddle is quite suited for everyone. Men, women and children, everyone can use it comfortably without facing any issues regarding the size.
- Durable: Unlike many other paddles and racquets, a pickleball paddle is very durable. The wooden pickleball paddle doesn’t gets distorted easily even when used very often. You can be sure of your investment that it is going to last longer.
Factors to consider before buying a Pickleball Paddle
A pickleball paddle can be chosen based on many different pointers. However, to choose the correct one, you will need to keep the following points in mind.
- Weight: Weight is an important factor to consider before buying a pickleball paddle. The weight range for these paddles is 6.8-14 ounces. You need to choose the one according to your level. Beginners might want to go for a lighter paddle since they want to blend in first. Expert players might go for the heavier ones since they know how to control and maneuver it correctly.
- Length: Length is another important criterion you need to consider before opting for a paddle. As per the length, there are the regular, wide-body and oversized paddles available for buying. Here too, you would want to consider your level. Extra-long paddles can become quite hard to handle and swing. Therefore, depending upon your grip size and body, you must choose the ideal length of the paddle for yourself.
- Control: When you are picking out a pickleball paddle, you should consider how much control it offers you on your arm. Weight is one thing and being able to control the swing motion of your arm due to that is another thing. You need to make sure that you have an ideal control over the paddle and the ball.
- Power:It is seen that some of the pickleball paddles come with a graphite/cork centre which usually helps to push the ball forward even without applying power. However, this may not be what you want every time. Since you too need to have power over the ball and the paddle, this factor must be considered.
- Colour:You can also choose from the various colour options available. However, experts recommend to opt for a yellow paddle, since it makes hard for your opponent to determine which direction the ball is coming from.
Pickleball Paddles Material
The material used in making a pickleball paddles has a dramatic impact on its weight and rebound power. Typically the following materials are used to construct pickleball paddles.
- Wooden pickleball paddles
With the growing popularity of the sport over the years, the simple design of the pickleball paddle has also undergone a fair amount of rendition. You will find more sophisticated designs on the wooden pickleball paddles. These often come with fancy grips and wrist tapes. Earlier these paddles were made of hardwood and today you will find plywood used widely. Plywoods make the paddles lighter and comfortable to play with.
However, there are some brands that still construct wooden paddles which are durable and cheaper, especially when compared to those constructed with composite or polymer material. The only downside of using wooden pickleball paddles is that they are heavy and could weigh anywhere between 9 and 11 ounces. It still remains a great choice for the beginner level players.
- Polymer plastic pickleball paddles
Polymer plastic pickleball paddles are usually lightweight, affordable and long-lasting. These inexpensive paddles made of a blend of resins or plastics are often used by schools and sporting clubs and make for good practice paddles. Polymer paddles are incredibly lightweight and weigh around 7-8 ounce.
However, these paddles are not exactly a favourite among intermediate and advanced players as these aren’t strong enough and don’t perform to the abilities of advanced players. For novel pickleball players, these polymer plastic paddles are a viable choice.
Players looking for a more professional and competitive paddle can choose to opt for the pickleball paddles made of Graphite. These paddles come with a honeycomb inner core and feature a thin graphite sheet on the paddle’s exterior.
Graphite pickleball paddles are light yet strong and highly responsive. They offer great control to the player’s hands and are excellent in manoeuvring precise shots.
Despite its lightweight, the graphite paddles can contribute great strength to strike powerful shots. Much like the polymer plastic paddles, the graphite ones also weight between 7-8 ounces. You can opt for the paddle brands that offer a wide graphite surface for better hits.
Graphite paddles with smaller edge guards are a popular choice among beginners and advanced players alike.
Must Read:- Top 3 Best Graphite Pickleball Paddles
- Composite pickleball paddles
Pickleball paddles constructed of composite material entail technologically advanced substances such as fibreglass, Aluminium, UV resistant Vinyl and several kinds of polymers. Such materials combine to provide enhanced performance and durability and offer better responsive paddle surface. Depending on the composite materials and the technology used, the cost of the paddle varies. Composite paddles usually weigh around 8 ounce and these medium weight paddles are preferred by advanced players as they provide a great deal of power and control.
Pickleball Paddles Core Construction
With the advancement in technology of pickleball paddles, you will find high-quality paddles that come with a differently composed inner core which contributes to the strength, weight and thickness of the paddle. Most pickleball paddle cores come in a honeycomb design which makes it lightweight and strong. The most commonly used paddle core materials include Aluminium, Polypropylene and Nomex.
- Aluminium Core Paddles: Aluminium makes for amazing pickleball paddle cores and these paddles are affordable and strong. The lightweight of the aluminium core makes it uniquely responsive and manoeuvrable. Aluminium paddles are available both in mid-weight and lightweight category.
- Nomex Core Pickleball Paddles: Nomex is known to be a strong polymer and is largely used in sporting items. The Nomex core originated in the 60s decade. The manufacturing process of these cores includes dipping a sturdy honeycomb framework into polymer resin. The resultant tough material contributes to the paddle’s firmness as it does not compress easily owing to this engineering process. Paddles constructed with Nomex cores are highly popular among the advanced level of players as they are featherweight and durable yet powerful.
- Polypropylene Core Pickleball Paddles: Paddles with Polypropylene Core is relatively a newer breed as they come with an advanced technology. The Polypropylene which refers to polymer plastic is known for its durability and lightweight. These are softer than Nomex and Aluminium core and thus are less reflective. This variety offers greater control on shots to the players by providing an increased contact with the ball. These cores generate less sound attributed to their sound-absorbing construct as compared to the other core constructs. High performing Pickleball Paddles brands with Polypropylene Core entail a thin edge guard and offer cushioned grips that reduce the vibrations to a great extent.
Choose Pickleball Paddle: Power vs Control
Playing pickleball over a period could provide a better understanding of your preferred style. Whether you enjoy hitting accurate shots or like to put pressure on opponents with mighty shots drawn to the end of the court is regulated by an appropriate pickleball paddle that closely matches your play style. Let’s take a look at both the styles:
- If you value powerful shots over controlled ones, you must opt for a heavier paddle or one that allows a high potential for deflection. Many power players choose to use the “Champion Pickleball Paddle” which is an USAPA-approved paddle that features a graphite exterior and a Nomex core. This kind of paddle is lightweight (weighing around 7.4 ounces) yet facilitates powerful shots, making it easier to snap and deflect the ball.
- If control is the trick of your gameplay then “touch paddles” would make an excellent choice. Such paddles allow precise shots and are typically lightweight, responsive and manoeuvrable. If you prefer control, touch paddles offer an edge over other paddles by allowing you to perfectly position your shots time and again. The Premium Pickleball Paddle from GAMMA is a popular touch paddle that comes with a composite fibreglass exterior and an aluminium core. The 4-inch grip and a narrow edge guard of this touch paddle make it comfortable for players to use and offer great responsiveness.
Heavy vs Light Pickleball Paddles
A primary consideration while selecting your pickleball paddle is its weight. The paddle’s weight has a great impact on how your paddle performs adding on to your playing comfort. The weight of a paddle is determined by the material and the cores used in constructing it and such materials could include a range of substances as mentioned in our discussion on the pickleball paddle materials section. Typically pickleball paddles are available in the following weight range:
- 6.5 – 7.2 ounces: These paddles are considered lightweight
- 7.2 and 8.2 ounces: Paddles ranging in this weight category are referred to as mid-weight
- 8.2 and 9.5 ounces: Those pickleball paddles weighing in this range are considered as heavyweight paddles.
Remember that playing with a chunkier paddle may not always be to your advantage as they are less manoeuvrable though excellent for powerful shots. With heavy pickleball paddles, you can gain more distance and hit powerful shots with lesser effort. However, these paddles could make it difficult to retain precision and could slowly respond to a fast shot. Overshooting dinks accidentally could also land your opponent an advantage of punching the ball back at you.
Lighter paddles are often easier to handle and allow better control, thus making it a good choice for players who like to hit accurate shots. However, a con of using lighter paddles is the less force available when striking the ball. Players have to employ greater energy when making powerful shots which could be taxing, especially when playing for long hours. Sometimes, lighter paddles make more vibrations too when hitting the ball and thus may not be suitable for players with elbow or wrist injuries.
- Top 5 Best Pickleball Paddles for Beginners
- Top 6 Best Pickleball Paddles for Spin
- Top 5 Best Pickleball Paddles for Control
Factors to consider while scouting for the perfectly suited pickleball paddle include:
- Check for the paddle’s feel in your hand to suit your style of playing. This includes understanding the swing and responsiveness of the paddle.
- The timing of shots: Heavier paddles could take a while to move greatly impacting your game. If you are an advanced player, a lighter paddle could deliver better by allowing you to move quickly.
- Check how much you like to move your racket hand during your game: Every player has a unique playing technique and some prefer moving arms to their bodies. Players who don’t enjoy moving arms too far to place a powerful shot can try heavier paddles as these paddles offer greater velocity with least movement.
- Analyse your shots: Depending on your shot technique you will be able to figure out whether you play the high-speed power shots better or are good at dinking. Understanding your shot potentials could act as a guide in choosing appropriate paddles. Those with high dinking skills could try lightweight paddles while those battling power shots could try heavier ones to compensate for it.
Small Grip vs Long Grip Pickleball Paddles
Like its other features, the paddle grip makes a great difference to your performance at a pickleball game. The paddle’s grip length to your hand can accordingly impact your grip and alter your playing comfort.
Paddles with longer grip offer enhanced stability, while those with shorter grips allow better control over the player’s shots. Shorter grips also facilitate spin. It’s best to try paddles with relatively longer or shorter grips while beginning to train so that you can gradually get a hang of how each grip pattern affects your game.
Pickleball experts share some basic patterns that can be sued as a reference while selecting the grip:
- Shorter players with a height below 5’2” usually perform well with a 4” grip
- Players with an average height between 5’3” and 5’8” generally do well with a paddle grip measuring 4 ¼”
- Tall players, above 5’9” usually perform well with a 4 ½” grip.
Along with the grip, it’s essential to check the grip thickness that provides a comfortable feel to your hands. Experimenting could be the key to evolving a level of comfort with the paddle that offers the best grip and gaming comfort. If unsure, veteran players recommend starting with paddles that offer shorter grips. Also, make sure to check the padding material as some paddles used thick gels that might reduce vibrations.
Other pickleball paddles may use a rubbery surface that provides for greater tackiness providing players with a firmer grip. Some paddle construct allows players to change the grips depending on their convenience while others have the grip fixed into the paddle’s handle.
So you should always choose paddle carefully, looking at your needs & your style of game play. Of course our guide & review section is best thing available that will help you pick the best pickleball paddle depending on various factors, that we have already discussed in this article.